This article is for anyone who wants to make passive income online in 2022 but doesn’t know where to start. Many of these passive income opportunities are only going to grow and get more lucrative as the years go by, so you must stay ahead of the game and find these business models before your competition does.
There are a lot of ways that you can make money online. Some people work at jobs where they get paid hourly, while others have to spend hours on end working to earn the same amount. The good news is that there are many passive income ideas out there for those who want to do work from home and still be able to make money. Are you ready to make some money?
- Ways to make money online right now!
- 1. Start a blog and monetize it
- How to easily start a blog with Siteground:
- 2. Make money selling your photos online
- 3. Make passive income by creating and selling ebooks
- 4. Make passive income with digital courses
- 5. Join affiliate marketing programs and promote other peoples products or services
- 6. Start a Youtube channel and make money from the videos you create
- 7. Make passive income with a Shopify e-commerce store
- 8. Become a TikTok influencer and make money from your followers
- 9. Get paid to read books and listen to audiobooks
- 10. Selling digital art is a great and trending passive income idea right now
- 11. Create and sell apps on iTunes. A more advanced passive income method
- 12. Start a print on demand store
- 13. Make passive income by flipping retail product online
- 14. Sell your stuff online. If you own things you don’t need, this is a great and easy passive income method
- 15. Use Passive Income Apps
- 16. Bonus passive income idea: Sell digital services using Fiverr.
- Online Passive Income Ideas Conclusion
Ways to make money online right now!
There are many more methods, so this article will not cover everything. But fear not, we will write more on this subject soon. For now, let’s get started! 🙂
1. Start a blog and monetize it
Start A Blog: The first passive income idea is to start a blog! To do this, some things are required such as time commitment, website/domain name creation (Namecheap), Webhosting services like SiteGround.
How to easily start a blog with Siteground:
– Siteground offers a free domain name, and the lowest priced hosting plans start at only $0.00 per month
– They have 24/365 customer service and an easy to use control panel for beginners looking to build their own website from scratch
– Sign up with Siteground.
– Once you sign up, you’ll get your blog started in just minutes.
The next step is to set up a WordPress blog and you do this by clicking on the “Install WordPress” button.
– Finally, you create your content and over time it will start to rank on Google.
2. Make money selling your photos online
Sell your photos online on websites like Pixabay or PhotoDune. The best part is that you don’t have to do anything else other than uploading the photo and get paid!
Selling photos can be fun if you are already interested in photography. You can get started making money by using your camera to sell photos online in just a day.
You don’t need a fancy DSLR and you can make money selling just about any type of photo that catches the eye.
– Selling images on Pixabay, PhotoDune or other stock image sites is easy.
Benefit: You get paid for uploading pictures straight from your hard drive! The best part is that you do not have to edit them at all since they are sold as-is, which saves time. If photography has been an interest in the past then this could be a profitable hobby as well with minimal work involved once uploaded.
Drawback: It takes some effort up front to take quality photos and upload them successfully on these websites but it does pay off in the end.
3. Make passive income by creating and selling ebooks
Ebooks are a great passive income idea because they can be created once and sold over and over.
Benefit: You only have to create your ebook one time for it to make money for you, again and again, all while you do other things like take care of the house or run errands. This is a good option if you have expertise that others want to learn about but don’t have the time or energy to commit themselves.
Drawback: The downside with eBooks is not being able to physically hold them in their hands which some people prefer when reading books on a Kindle or iPad instead of using software such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, Amazon’s KDP, or Apple iBooks Author. So if you are ready to get started all you need to do is find a topic you are passionate about, create something that would be valuable to others, and put it into writing.
If you are not a writer yourself, you can always hire an expert to do it for you! It won’t cost much, especially for a short eBook.
You may also want to start by publishing via your blog or on Medium if you have an existing following there before going the traditional route of sending out queries and proposals, which could wait until after it is successful online. You don’t want to miss out on opportunities just because they didn’t see your work. So here are some ideas:
Write an eBook about how to make money from home that includes tips and tricks that will help aspiring entrepreneurs find success with their own passive income businesses.
4. Make passive income with digital courses
This is a passive income idea that many people are trying. The courses can be on almost any topic, so you’ll have plenty of options to work with. People will buy your course because they want the knowledge you’re providing without having to pay for it every time.
They may enroll in specific courses or purchase bundles from different experts depending on their needs and interests. This kind of passive income opportunity could become extremely popular if successful online entrepreneurs like Tai Lopez continue to invest heavily in this area of marketing right now (if he has not already).
Passive Income Idea: Make Mone Teaching People About Cryptocurrencies (Or any other topic that is trending and you have some knowledge on).
5. Join affiliate marketing programs and promote other peoples products or services
– There are many affiliate marketing programs, one of the most popular in the world is being Amazon’s. You can join an Affiliate marketing program and promote other people’s products or services to earn a passive income from your advertising efforts.
But one much better affiliate program to join is for a software tool called Clickfunnels. This is software that will help you build your own landing pages, sales funnels and so much more.
We have many articles on affiliate marketing on this site, so you can easily find other recommended products and programs there. In any case, it’s a super easy business model to get started with.
6. Start a Youtube channel and make money from the videos you create
– Becoming a Youtube partner is one way to make money from your videos. By becoming partners with the company, you can monetize ads that play before or during your video and get paid for every advertisement shown.
– You’ll need at least 5000 subscribers on YouTube to become an approved content creator and start earning a revenue share.
But there are so many more ways to make money on Youtube. You also can sell your own products and services in video form on the platform.
– Obviously making money with ads on Youtube is the easiest way to earn an extra passive income. First, you need Youtube to enable a Google AdSense account on your channel, which is free to do.
– This will allow you to display relevant ads before or during your video and collect monthly payments for each impression of the ad.
– If you have at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time then you are ready to roll with ads.
7. Make passive income with a Shopify e-commerce store
– Another passive income option is to set up a Shopify e-commerce store.
This website lets you sell anything from t-shirts and coffee mugs to all sorts of digital products like photography books or other online courses that teach people new skills. You don’t need any experience, just an idea for the products and services your store will offer, and the Shopify space to set up your storefront.
– The best part is you don’t need any money upfront for this passive income idea and can get started with a 14 day free trial of their basic plan!
– They handle all aspects of the store so there’s no work on your end other than uploading your products, choosing your prices, and setting up your store’s design.
– Some of the best Shopify stores in 2017 were profitable within six months!
To get started check out their 14-day free trial here:
The company also has a variety of other features including SEO monitoring tools to boost traffic so you can start making money online.
8. Become a TikTok influencer and make money from your followers
To get started as an influencer on TikTok you’ll need a smartphone and your own unique ideas for videos that will stand out from everyone else’s.
Focus on creating good content and you will quickly see the number of followers increase over time. Once you hit 1000 followers then you can put a link in your BIO, which can direct your followers to anything you want.
Make money with TikTok by promoting products and services in your videos.
You will earn $0.02 per follower each time you promote a product or service to them through TikTok as an influencer. This won’t make you rich, so it’s a better idea to link to affiliate products or some digital products you create yourself.
9. Get paid to read books and listen to audiobooks
Some people are willing to pay $15 or more for someone who will read their book and give them feedback. If you’ve got a few hours, this is one way to find out if your writing style resonates with readers.
How it works: Create an account on Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing platform–you don’t even need a degree to do so. Then, upload your manuscript and set the price for readers to purchase it.
If you’re looking for additional passive income opportunities in this category, check out these other ways of reading books:
– Get paid by a company such as BookShark or Brainstorm Media (formerly known as Scholastic).
– Create a YouTube channel that features book reviews, reading tips, and tricks.
– Get paid to review books on websites like Goodreads or Shelfari.
– Host an online radio show where you talk about the latest bestsellers.
10. Selling digital art is a great and trending passive income idea right now
It’s called NFT’s and it’s a big trend that has come up in the last few years.
It is not hard to sell digital art and you can find many places online where you can upload your work, set prices for it, and have people buy from you with cryptocurrency or fiat currency.
You can also sell digital art as prints by buying some cheap frames from the store.
To get started check out NFT marketplace sites like OpenSea and RareBits.
Some more places you can sell digital art are websites like Society, Artfinder, Etsy, Shopify Stores, or your own website with a blog section for it.
Digital artwork is also something that people will collect in the future so this could be a very profitable passive income idea long-term as well.
If you’re not confident in your art abilities, another passive income idea is to do commissioned work for other people.
There are many places where this can be a side-hustle and the more popular it becomes, the more opportunities there will be out there.
11. Create and sell apps on iTunes. A more advanced passive income method
You can get started by buying a course on Udemy and following the steps to create your own app. If you sell it at $0.99, then this will net about $12 for each sale of an individually priced app.
Selling apps was easier around 5 years ago, but they’re always are new app trends that you can profit from.
12. Start a print on demand store
- Print on-demand stores allow you to upload files and design your own products for sale.
- You can sell anything from apparel, mugs, wooden signs–whatever you want!
- This passive income idea allows anyone with a computer to start an online business without inventory or upfront costs.
- All you have to do is upload your designs, set your pricing, and hit publish!
You can get started on websites like Society Sleeve, Printful, and Teespring.
13. Make passive income by flipping retail product online
For instance, if you find a diamond ring that’s been marked down from its original price at your local jewelry store and the tag says it retails for $600 but is now on sale for just $200, then you could buy the ring with cash and then list it on an online site such as eBay or Craigslist for resale, where you’ll fetch $250.
14. Sell your stuff online. If you own things you don’t need, this is a great and easy passive income method
You can either sell them on sites like Craigslist and eBay or you can use a service such as Decluttr.
This is a great way to sell your things for more than you originally bought them. If you don’t want the hassle of selling, then use Decluttr because they will do all the work for you. They buy many types of items including DVDs and CDs which covers what most people have lying around their homes or apartments that are just taking up space
If this idea interests you, read an article in Entrepreneur Magazine about how one man made $36k from his closet full of clothes he never wore!
One such site connected with Amazon so customers can purchase goods right off your page and shipping is included in those prices if it’s fulfilled through Amazon FBA – which doesn’t cost anything extra unless there are extra fees.
So how does FBA work?
Amazon FBA is passive income because customers order the item from Amazon, not directly from you. This means that once the sale has been made on Amazon, there is no additional work for you as a seller but rather delivery of goods via Amazon’s warehouse service. Furthermore, with an active account at Seller Central (in which every registered user can create their own individualized storefront), sellers can receive feedback on their products, as well as leaving reviews on goods bought through their page.
This is passive income because it is not required for the seller to be logged into a website or social media platform to upload and sell items online; once the work has been done initially by setting up an account with Seller Central, there are no other “active” duties that need to be fulfilled for money from sales made through Amazon FBA – which can happen while you sleep!
With this site connected to eBay, sellers can have buyers come directly to them instead of waiting until they list something and then having prospective customers find them without any sorting. This also helps make more sense out of merchandizing across both platforms.
15. Use Passive Income Apps
It’s not uncommon for people to use apps to earn money. These “passive income” apps work as they sound: you install them on your smartphone and complete a few actions, like watching videos, to start earning cash right away. It doesn’t take much of your time or money, which is the perfect balance if you want an extra income stream but can’t commit to a traditional job. Here are some recommended passive income apps that I’ve tried myself:
- Swagbucks (earn points just by using the app)
- InboxDollars (watch videos and play games to earn money)
- Who Wants Money? (unlock short surveys for cash rewards)
With these passive income apps, it’s easy to get started by making more than a little extra cash.
16. Bonus passive income idea: Sell digital services using Fiverr.
– Create a Fiverr account and set up your skills.
– Create some gigs to sell products or services at affordable prices.
– You can make anything from $500-$1000 per day on the site, but you’ll need more customers if it’s not a niche service. Here are ten tips for success in this marketplace: Make sure you’re offering something people want; provide great customer service; have reliable reviews; create quality content that is original, helpful, and informative – rather than promotional materials like banners or sales letters; keep design simple and easy to navigate.
Online Passive Income Ideas Conclusion
If you’re looking to replace your 9-5 income so that you can quit, these passive income ideas will help. The work that goes into earning passive income tends to be manageable when paired with a full-time gig. So yup, you can do both!
Whether it’s starting a dropshipping store or an agency of your own, there are ways for anyone to make money in all the areas we mentioned above. All you need is some time and effort (or maybe just one of those) and then get started on any idea from this list today!