The management quotes in this article are from some of the most successful and well-known businesspeople of our time. Their words have been shared with us to inspire, motivate, and educate future leaders. Below is a list of 50 management quotes that will help you on your way to success!
In order to become a great manager, we first need to understand how we best should communicate with our employees, customers, and partners. We need to find the balance between being a leader and attending to day-to-day tasks. You can’t always anticipate what will happen next.
And sometimes you have to do things that are uncomfortable in order for your team or organization’s growth. Management quotes show us that it is important not just for leaders but also followers of leadership to understand their own strengths as well as those of others around them so they know when best to ask for help and guidance from a more experienced colleague or take on the responsibility themselves.
This enables everyone involved in an organization’s success including leaders, managers, staff members and clients alike feel like they have control over their work
The first management quote we’ll look at from Maxwell: “To manage someone else is to show them the management of oneself.” This management quote urges readers not only to be mindful of their own actions but also how those actions affect others around them. “In order for an individual’s way of managing themselves to get replicated in a work setting,” says co-author Robert Greene, “there has to be something about that person that resonates as being worth emulating.” As leaders move up in rank or take on management positions, they should pay close attention to their management style and self-awareness.
Another management quote we’ll look at from Jay Z: “And I’m just here like this because you know me And I ain’t ask for a penny of your money But all of my life’s work is in the building so if it ever catches fire You’re welcome.” This management quote represents an amazing sentiment that was shared by our speaker, rapper Jay Z. He speaks about how he wants his legacy to be seen as something earned through hard work – not given away or bought with someone else’s money. His message would resonate really well with readers who are working on turning themselves into fully formed leaders over time and learning what it takes to get ahead in the management world.
Most Famous Management Quotes
– “Success doesn’t come to you, it must be pursued.” – Aristotle Onassis
“If I had a flower for every time I’ve been called a dirty name…I could walk through my garden forever.” – Abigail Van Buren (Dear Abby)
-“Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
-“The best management advice I ever got was from H. Ross Perot: ‘Don’t manage by walking around.’ You have to build processes in order not to need management on top of everything else that’s going on.” – Lawrence J. Ellison
-“All we are saying is give peace a chance!” John Lennon and Paul McCartney said this about their effort to promote world peace.
-“I have not failed, I’ve just found ten thousand ways that don’t work.” – Thomas Edison
-“A management team is only as good as its average member.” – Peter Drucker
– “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other”. -John F. Kennedy
-“Management is about getting people who do things to get the right thing done through other people”–Henry Mintzberg
-“The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good men (or women) to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” John D. Rockefeller 1839–1937
-“It is management’s responsibility to determine a company’s values and culture. It is the individual manager’s job to translate those values into action.” -Mary Lefkowitz
– “Culture eats strategy for breakfast”. – Peter Drucker
– “He who cannot obey himself will be commanded” -William Blake
-“The only way to look good in management is by doing what you’re expected to do, not what should have been done. So don’t try too hard.” Patrick Lencioni
– “There are no bad teams just bad managers” John Wooden, UCLA basketball coach from 1948–1975
-“Management is about making tough decisions informed with imperfect information at an uncertain time”-Janet Reitman
– “The management of any institution is about the management of information.” -Dwight D. Eisenhower
-“I’ve always been more interested in management than hockey” Wayne Gretzky
-“A good manager has to be able to change their mind and then convince everyone else why they did so.” Piers Steel, University of Calgary School of Business professor
-“Management’s job is not just to make a profit for its stockholders but also for society at large by creating value that improves peoples’ lives”. – Roger L. Martin, former McKinsey director
– “Leadership starts with self-awareness: know what you stand for before you try leading others down your path” – Robin Sennet, management consultant
-“A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.” – John Maxwell
– “If you ask what distinguishes management from administration, I would say that management engages people in problem-solving”. Peter Drucker
-“The most important thing about being an effective manager is to have empathy for your staff. To be able to put yourself in their shoes” Andrea Amadori, Google engineer
– “I think it’s better if we’re all honest with each other so we can get on with our work.” Gwyneth Paltrow (in response to criticism)
– “Management: The skill of getting things done through other people.” Peter Drucker
– “The management of an organization is its most important function and whoever masters management has mastered the organization”. Peter Drucker
– “I feel that management can be a lot like art because you have to form it with your own personal skill set” Andrea Amadori, Google engineer
-“It’s easy to spend money. It’s hard not to spend money. But it’s even harder not spending more than you make.” Robin Sennet
-“Management doesn’t mean growing bigger or making lots of noise; management means getting better each day in small increments without losing sight of what matters really: the core purpose which defines everything we do.” – John Maxwell
-“To manage someone else is to show them the management of oneself.” – Robert Greene
-“Management is about motivating people to do more than they think they can” – Bill Gates
– “If you want something done, ask a busy person. If you want it done well and fast, then ask an anxious one.” Charles Swindoll
– “The key to management success is not to know what’s going on; it’s to be able to imagine what could go wrong by envisioning all possible scenarios in advance.” John A. Byrne
– “A good manager doesn’t have time for personal drama or petty politics; he focuses completely on his tasks with precision, perfectionism, and passion.” Bilal Akhtar Khan
-“Good managers don’t give answers, they ask the right questions.”
– “A management team is like a sports team. You need one person on board who knows what it takes to win, and then you surround them with people of lesser capability” – Donald Trump
– “The way a person handles his or her own life is an indication of how he or she will handle the lives of others.” – Anonymous
– “However beautiful your strategy, you should occasionally look at what’s actually happening.” – George Soros
– “Leaders must empower people with responsibility for solving problems as well as authority over deciding on solutions.” – Warren Bennis
– “A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow” – General Omar Bradley (US Army)
-“I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” – Abraham Lincoln
– “Management is a matter of human relations, the ability to direct people from point A to point B and having them enjoy the journey.” – Harry S. Truman
– “Leadership management and leadership are two different things. Management does not mean I am your leader but it means that somebody has got you under management” – Bruce Lee
“Leadership management and leadership are two different things. Management does not mean I am your leader but it means that somebody has got you under management” – Bruce Lee
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow – General Omar Bradley (US Army)
I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” – Abraham Lincoln
Management Quotes Conclusion
A good manager takes responsibility for the success of their team. They are an active participant in working with them to overcome obstacles and reach goals that were deemed impossible by those on the outside looking in.
A great leader is someone who knows how to inspire others, motivate them through difficult times, and provide a sense of security when things seem unmanageable or uncertain.
In order to be successful managers, we need these qualities as well as empathy – being able to understand what our employees may be feeling at any given time which can help us better tackle challenges together. When it comes down to it, management quotes show us that there’s no “one size fits all” solution- but rather a variety of approaches that work differently depending on your situation and needs. If you enjoyed these 50 management quotes, then you should also check out our 50 passive income quotes here. Have fun!